Dear visitor, We'll be very pleased to meet you during the LonCom 2010 Event !!
We are proud to show the capabilities of our new hardware and software platform: DLONIP4 and DSA framework; a new approach to build protocol gateways and Internet appliances for use with Lonworks and other control networks.
During LonCom, we'll present a session about the new technological trends. A session summary is shown below:
(If you are unable to attend the LonCom community event, but are interested in the session, please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll be happy to provide you the session slide show and details)
Enhancing Lonworks networks using .NET gateways and state-of-the-art web technologies
Lonworks is a great technology for interfacing building or process technologies and creating scalable intelligent networks. Since the early beginning, interoperability between Lonworks manufacturers was a key topic for Lonworks designers.
In today's applications, the need to interface with other technologies is really present. In big projects, various integrators place equipment and those may not use the same field bus technology. On the other hand, flexible web interfacing is a “must have” to win a project.
Typically, those aspects require usage of a gateway. Gateways are sometimes provided with a standard software, but when project-specific behavior has to be configured, customizable gateways are needed. For system integrators and OEM to be economically efficient and interested in the Lonworks technology, it is important to use customization tools that are well known: engineering resources are easier to find, code is easier to maintain, development tools are of quality.
In this session, we'll describe how state of the art technologies like .NET and Silverlight can be combined to build custom rich embedded gateway solutions for Lonworks networks. We'll also see how enhanced development tools like Microsoft Visual Studio or Visual C# express can be used to create, build and debug Lonworks virtual nodes.
The session will cover the following topics:
- How an embedded gateway, based on Intel Atom processor, can be built with Lonworks connectivity.
- Usage of .NET technology in Lonworks embedded gateways
- Usage of Silverlight for rich-content evolutive user interfaces
- Protocol conversion techniques, based on open source software integration for quick deployment
- Usage of DSA .NET framework extension to cut drastically development time of embedded gateway software
- Illustration by case-study in Green energy management (custom embedded gateway with scada facilities and remote sql storage, interfacing Lonworks, BACnet and other devices)